Have you had fluctuations in weight or multiple pregnancies?
Then, you may have experienced loss of abdominal tone, stretch marks, bulging upper abdomen and excess fat that fails to resolve with diet and exercise. A tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) reverses the effects of pregnancy and/or weight gain by creating a firmer, flatter and more contoured abdomen. This procedure not only removes the excess fat, skin, and stretch marks but also tightens the abdominal wall muscles that have been stretched out from childbirth or being over weight.
To schedule a consultation regarding a tummy tuck or other plastic surgery options, call 504-888-4297.
There are different types of tummy tucks. The method used depends on the issues that need to be corrected, the degree of laxity, and the amount of excess fat. Incisions are hidden within the panty line.
The result of a tummy tuck is a flatter and more contoured abdomen.
Here are the types of tummy tucks we offer:
- Standard Abdominoplasty – This procedure is the most common surgery to correct large amounts of laxity and tissue excess. By elevating the skin from the groin to the lower rib cage, the abdominal wall muscles can be tightened as an internal corset. The abdominal skin is then pulled downward and the excess skin is removed. This allows for removal of stretch marks from the belly button to the panty line. The belly button is left attached to the abdominal wall and brought out through a new small opening after the upper skin has been smoothly redraped.
- Mini-Abdominoplasty – This is a much less involved procedure that simply removes an unwanted fatty deposit/excess of the lower abdomen. The belly button is not relocated and it does not address issues such as upper abdominal bulge or skin.
- Vertical (Fleur de lis) Abdominoplasty – This procedure not only requires the lower incision but also a midline incision. A vertical abdominoplasty is less frequently done and is typically reserved for patients with severe laxity of skin in both the horizontal and vertical dimensions.
Every patient wants to have a flatter and shapelier tummy. It is our philosophy that each patient must be evaluated and treated differently. Your plan will be customized based on your desires and our professional experience to provide patient safety and satisfaction. All procedures are performed in an accredited surgical facility that is closely associated with one of our major community hospitals. After surgery, we routinely see our patients the next day in the office.
This achieves three goals:
- It gets the patient out of the bed and ambulating, which helps prevent clots forming in the legs.
- It allows us to address any issues that may arise that could intensify if not taken care of expeditiously.
- It allows the patients and care takers to ask questions that develop in the first night after coming home from surgery.
While the costs, surgical time and recovery associated with the tummy tuck can vary with each individual, the chart below indicates how this plastic surgery procedure compares to others.
To discuss the abdominoplasty procedure or other plastic surgery needs, schedule a consultation by calling 504-888-4297.